Thursday, September 16, 2010

Valerie's SU! Workshop - Christmas Cards

At much request (Hi, Gail!) I am finally posting the cards from the Sept 11 workshop that Valerie hosted here at my new place in Nashua. It was the first time I've had the girls over to stamp at the new place (and on the new table!) and it was very productive. Hopefully everyone enjoyed what we did!

We started with the most difficult card, first. This card incorporated the new Candy Cane DSP (Holiday Mini), the stamp set "A Cute Christmas", the new glitter brads (which I'm in LOVE with...must remember to buy more before the mini is done!) and the Northern Frost decorative strip. Some paper piecing and coloring in this card, but it wasn't too bad...just lots of pieces!




We did a pretty easy card, next. Using the new Sizzix Embossing Folder in the Holiday Mini, Cherry Cobbler seam binding and my new favorite self-adhesive pearls!


(image coming when there's daylight!)



Finally, we did a new technique called "Magic Snowflake". We took a square of glossy white cardstock and stamped a snowflake in Craft White. We then poured White Embossing Powder on top of that and set it with a heat gun. Taking 71% isopropyl alcohol (yes, it matters!), we did two tips of the bottle onto a cotton ball. We then used two different colored Classic colored reinkers and dabbed two dots of each color onto the cotton ball. We covered the entire piece of glossy cardstock...ran to the heat gun, and like "magic" the snowflake re-appeared out of the ink!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank you!! These are beautiful!!! Worth the wait!! I hope I am able to do these on my own when I get my package!!! Love you Katee!!! Gail