Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Because Warren and I have done so much traveling to Maine and back over the past two months, we decided to do a quiet Thanksgiving just the two of us. It was actually REALLY nice; very relaxing and low key. This was the first time I'd EVER cooked a turkey, so I was a bit nervous, but I went with it anyway. Our menu is below.

  • 10 Pound Turkey (breasts only) from Brother's Butcher. Brined the night before and then rubbed and roasted.
Since it's all about the side dishes, we had the following:
  • Stuffing (purchased from Brother's Butcher
  • Frosted Cauliflower (a WW recipe from my mom, a Thanksgiving special in my family. Contains cauliflower, italian dressing, cheddar cheese, mustard, and mayo).
  • Rolls - Originally frozen, then baked
  • Creamy Mashed Taters
  • Cranberry Dressing (from a can)
Desserts
  • Pecan Pie; I used the perfect pie crust recipe mentioned in the linked recipe
  • Caramel Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake - Our crust did get a little hard when I added the caramel to it, so be sure to use the brand mentioned in the recipe or leave it out as the note describes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy Katee!! I am going to google the frosted caulifower recipe!! You are so cute!! XO Gail